September 15-16, Training: “Breaking Down Our Barriers: Working with Adult Survivors of Sexual Assault” in St. John's by the NL Sexual Assault and Crisis Prevention Centre
The NL Sexual Assault Crisis and Prevention Centre is offering a 2-day training (September 15-16) for service providers during Sexual Violence Awareness Week 2014.
“Breaking Down Our Barriers: Working with Adult Survivors of Sexual Assault” aims to:
Click here for more details on this training event...
- Raise awareness of the realities of sexual assault, focusing on the impacts and issues that survivors face
- Provide an opportunity for service providers to learn and practice supportive response techniques focusing on crisis intervention.
September 18, Elder Mediation Training in St. John's held by Family Mediation Canada
2014 FMC PRE-CONFERENCE INSTITUTE: AN INTRODUCTION TO ELDER MEDIATION
WHEN: Thursday, September 18th, 2014, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland, 115 Cavendish Square, St. John’s
This interactive skill building workshop will include discussion of:
· Intergenerational dynamics & issues
· Elder abuse, neglect, power, ageism
· Elder Mediation process
· Unique characteristics of elder mediation
· Skill building opportunities
Click here for details on this training event...
September 30, NLNPEA meeting in Trepassey
The next public meeting of the NL Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse will be September 30 in Trepassey. Check back soon for more details.
Check back soon for new national event listings.