Dial 911 where the service is
available or dial “0” for the operator and you will be connected to emergency
For your nearest RCMP detachment: 1- 800- 709- 7267,
TTY 1-800-563 2172
Or for the RNC:
- St. John’s: 709- 729-8000, TTY 1-800-363-4334
- Corner Brook 709-637-4100, TTY 1-800-363-4334
- Labrador City 709-944-7602
- Churchill Falls 709-925 3524
How to get support from your Regional Health Authority (eg., connect with a social worker) or to report an adult who is being abused and does not understand or appreciate the risk:
Dial 1-855-376-4957. No long distance charges will apply.
Who can you call when in a crisis or feeling distressed (open 24 hours/day)?
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1-800-726-2743
- Mental Health Crisis Line: 1- 888-737-4668
Who can you talk to about getting the help you need?
- Seniors Resource Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador’s Seniors Information Line: 1- 800-563-5599. This line is answered by seniors with training to help you find the supports you need.
- Caregiver Line 1-888-571-2273. Information and support for
unpaid caregivers. www.seniorsresource.ca/caregivers/
Where can you get advocacy and/or legal assistance?
- Legal Aid Commission: 1-800-563-9911. Legal representation for people with low income; must meet certain eligibility requirements.
- Public Legal Information Association of Newfoundland: 1-888-660 7788 answers general legal questions; offers a lawyer referral service.
- Victim Services: St. John’s 709-729-7970 (collect calls accepted) free help for adult victims of crime regardless of whether a charge is laid; also supports child victims or witnesses required to testify in a criminal matter; 11 offices province wide.
For more information on supports in your area, please see regional contacts/resources