Dial 911 where the service is
available or dial “0” for the operator and you will be connected to emergency
For your nearest RCMP detachment: 1- 800- 709- 7267,
TTY 1-800-563 2172
Or for the RNC:
- St. John’s: 709- 729-8000, TTY 1-800-363-4334
- Corner Brook 709-637-4100, TTY 1-800-363-4334
- Labrador City 709-944-7602
- Churchill Falls 709-925 3524
To contact your Regional Health Authority to report an adult who may be at risk of abuse or neglect and who does not understand or appreciate that risk, please call:
1-855-376-4957 (no long distance charges will apply)
Who can you call when in a crisis or feeling distressed (open 24 hours/day)?
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1-800-726-2743
- Mental Health Crisis Line: 1- 888-737-4668
Who can you talk to about getting the help you need?
- Seniors Resource Centre of Newfoundland and Labrador’s Seniors Information Line: 1- 800-563-5599. This line is answered by seniors with training to help you find the supports you need.
- Caregiver Line 1-888-571-2273. Information and support for
unpaid caregivers. www.seniorsresource.ca/caregivers/
Where can you get advocacy and/or legal assistance?
- Legal Aid Commission: 1-800-563-9911. Legal representation for people with low income; must meet certain eligibility requirements.
- Public Legal Information Association of Newfoundland: 1-888-660 7788 answers general legal questions; offers a lawyer referral service.
- Victim Services: St. John’s 709-729-7970 (collect calls accepted) free help for adult victims of crime regardless of whether a charge is laid; also supports child victims or witnesses required to testify in a criminal matter; 11 offices province wide.
For more information on supports in your area, please see regional contacts/resources